These are good.
Thanks for the streusel, Corrie. It was amazing…as always.
Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 1/2-3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 T. cornstarch
2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup canola oil
2/3 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen, do not thaw before using)
7 T. butter, melted
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3 T. finely chopped walnuts or pecans
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a large bowl, combine oil, honey, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Fold in blueberries before batter is completely mixed.
4. For streusel, combine streusel ingredients. =)
5. Spoon muffin batter into 18 greased muffin cups. Top with streusel.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done.
I adapted this recipe from Great Coffee Cakes, Sticky Buns, Muffins, and More. Here’s the raspberry version of this recipe.