Need I explain? These are…just…um…simply…really good.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter, softened
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup mashed banana (1-1 1/2 medium ripe bananas)
1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I guess these are optional; I didn’t add them!)
Sparkling sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or paper-line 14 muffin cups.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. Cream butter and peanut butter; add brown sugar and sugar, mix well. Add egg, vanilla, yogurt, and banana. Mix well.
4. Add flour to creamed mixture; do not overmix. Fold in peanuts and chocolate chips.
5. Portion batter into prepared muffin pans. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar, if desired.
6. Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and springy to the touch.
Yield: 14 muffins
This was from Carole Walter’s Great Coffee Cakes, Sticky Buns, Muffins, and More.
P.S. What’s your favorite spice to use when cooking?