I am exceedingly grateful to be back in the blogging world, editing pictures and posting recipes.
Chocolate Macaroons came to mind as I was searching for a treat to make for a recital. By the way, Chocolate Macaroons are the perfect recital cookie. I wish I could say all these Chocolate Macaroons disappeared at the recital, but lots of other cookies came to see the recital too. That means only a few Chocolate Macaroons disappeared.
In my opinion, Chocolate Macaroons are beautiful cookies. See?
1/2 cup shortening (I used butter)
4 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine shortening and chocolate in saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add sugar to chocolate mixture, stirring until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add flour mixture; blend thoroughly. Beat in vanilla. Chill dough 2 to 3 hours.
4. Dip out rounded teaspoons of dough; form into small balls. Roll each in confectioners sugar. Place on greased baking sheets.
5. Bake in 375 oven about 10 minutes. (Do not overbake. Cookies should be soft when taken from oven.) Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire racks. Makes: 5 to 6 dozen cookies
Recipe from Farm Journal’s Best-Ever Recipes
Just a warning: if you can help it, make Chocolate Macaroons right before you serve them. They look best right out of the oven….they lose something when they sit in a Tupperware for two days. Believe me.
Aren’t they pretty? Sorry…they just are.
Have a wonderful day….