Corrie and I have made these delicious cheesy tortillas once before, and we decided tonight would be a good another time. =) Like some of the other recipes on this blog, Jalepeno Cheese Tortillas came from www.tammysrecipes.com.
Jalepeno Cheese Tortillas
2-3 T. sliced canned jalepeno peppers
1/2 cup water
2 T. oil
4 oz. finely shredded cheddary cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
1. Whirl jalapenos and water in a blender until peppers are minced.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine peppers, water, oil, cheese, and salt. Stir to mix. Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and stir with a spoon until a thick batter forms. Add the rest of the flour and stir to form a soft dough.
3. Add additional flour if needed, to allow you to knead dough with your hands. Knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth.
4. Separate dough into 8-16 equal portions, and form each into a ball.
5. Heat a griddle or large frying pan over meduim heat. Roll each ball of dough into a thin circle (6-10 inches in diameter).
6. Fry tortillas on ungreased griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side, until brown spots appear and tortilla is very hot (but not hard or crispy!).
7. As you are cooking the tortillas, place the finished ones on a plate and cover with a towel. Don’t over-cook, or the tortillas will be crunchy! When tortillas are cool, they can be stored in a ziplock bag. Or, better yet — enjoy them while still hot!:)
Yield: 16 6-inch or 8 10-inch